A successful application submission consists of the following:
Submit items 3-5 below in one file to: Isela Martinez email@example.com
We will begin accepting applications on December 12th, 2022. Applications will be accepted until fellowship slots are filled.
- Complete the ASSET Application Form
- Three letters of reference (Referees should submit their letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidate personal statement (Maximum 3 pages, 11 pt. Font, single spaced; Full name upper right-hand corner)Your statement should include, but is not limited to, the areas below. Note that preference will be given to
candidates for whom we are able to identify a well-matched ASSET mentor.
- Candidate background
- Substance use research interests
- Idea or topic for potential study while in ASSET training
- Primary research training goals
- Name and contact information for research mentor from your home institution who is willing to collaborate with you and the ASSET mentor team in San Diego
- Two potential ASSET mentors
- Curriculum Vitae
- Institutional letter of support from your department chair committing at least 75% summer release time over summer period.